Today, it was announced that First International Bank & Trust has become a brand new corporate partner with University of North Dakota Athletics and Learfield's UND Sports Properties. The involvement with the Fighting Hawks will be serving as presenting sponsor for Jr. Champions, the official kids club of North Dakota Athletics.
Jr. Champions provides the Fighting Hawks' youngest fans, boys and girls ages two through the eighth grade, an exclusive look into UND athletic programs. Membership into the program is complimentary, with registration required by a parent. It is good for an entire year, and registration begins on August 1 of each year.
"First International Bank & Trust is proud to be a presenting sponsor of Jr. Champions," said Stephen L. Stenehjem, CEO & Chairman. "As an alumni of UND, I am proud to be deepening our roots in the Grand Forks community with our new location and also connecting area youth and families to university athletics. We are pleased to continue offering membership at no cost through our sponsorship so that more families can get involved."
As a Jr. Champion of UND Athletics, kids will receive the following privileges throughout the current membership year:
- Free admission to all regular-season home games for volleyball, and men's and women's basketball
- Opportunities to interact with UND coaches and student-athletes at exclusive Jr. Champions events
- Official Jr. Champions T-shirt, lanyard, and membership card
- Exclusive discounts on select football and men's hockey tickets
- A birthday card good for a free large 1-topping pizza at Deek's Pizza
- Official e-newsletter
- Opportunities to be the Jr. Champions Captain of the Game, which grants even further exclusive access